StyleHint (hereinafter referred to as "Service") is a service operated by FAST RETAILING CO., LTD. (hereinafter referred to as "FR") and its subsidiaries and affiliates (hereinafter referred to as "FR Group" together with FR) that allows people to freely post their dressing styles, and people around the world to view, comment on, and share their dressing styles, beyond the framework of FR-developed apparel brands, in order to enable people all over the world to experience the joy, happiness and satisfaction of wearing clothes.
Article 1 (Definitions)
"Personal Information" refers to personal information that is subject to protection under any data protection legislation, such as the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, and the EU General Data Protection Regulations (Regulation 2016/679), the California Consumer Privacy Act, and other data protection laws.
“Data Subject” refers to an individual who is the subject of Personal Information.
Article 2 (Acquisition of Personal Information)
FR Group will acquire Personal Information in a lawful and appropriate manner. When acquiring Personal Information, the purpose of use and any joint users shall be clearly indicated so that the Personal Information can be provided at the discretion of the Data Subject. The items of Personal Information acquired by FR Group shall be limited to the extent reasonably necessary in light of the purpose of such acquisition. In addition, in the event the use of Personal Information exceeds the scope of the purpose of use specified in advance, the Company shall notify each Data Subject the new purpose of use and obtain consent based on the new purpose.
Personal Information that must be provided by the Data Subject shall be shown at the time of collection (such as in each entry form). In the event a Data Subject declines to provide the needed Personal Information, it may not be possible to provide all or part of the services of the FR.
Article 3 (Categories to be Acquired, Purpose of Use, and Legal Basis for Handling of Personal Information)
The categories and purpose of use of Personal Information that FR Group may request pursuant to the preceding article shall be as set forth in the following table. In addition, the legal grounds for the handling of Personal Information by FR Group shall be as set forth in the following table, in addition to being based on the consent of the Data Subject. A Data Subject may withdraw its consent to the handling of Personal Information at any time. However, the withdrawal of such consent shall not affect the legality of the handling of Personal Information prior to the withdrawal of consent.
|Categories of personal information that can be acquired||Acquisition method||Purpose of use||Legal grounds for handling|
||Obtained directly from users||
Article 4 (Safety Management Measures)
FR Group endeavors to ensure that Personal Information is kept accurate and up-to-date, and takes necessary and appropriate security control measures to protect Personal Information from leakage, loss, destruction, damage, tampering, and unauthorized access.
Article 5 (Retention Period of Personal Information)
- FR Group will store Personal Information for the period necessary to achieve the purpose of use or for the period necessary to fulfill its obligations under laws and regulations.
- In the event that a user withdraws from the Service, FR will delete such user's Personal Information in its possession or control without delay in accordance with laws and regulations notwithstanding the provisions of Clause 1.
- If a user requests deletion, the FR will delete the user's Personal Information in its possession or control in the format and on the media reasonably specified by the user without delay regardless of the provisions of Clause 1.
- FR will delete any inactive account and the Personal Information related to such account after two years have elapsed from the date of final use.
- Even when a user's Personal Information is deleted, FR may continue to hold statistical data that does not fall under the category of Personal Information or is generated from such user's Personal Information in a manner that reasonably ensures security within the minimum necessary limits for legitimate business purposes such as analysis.
Article 6 (Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties)
FR Group will not provide Personal Information to any third party except in the following cases:
- With the consent of the Data Subject
- When it is necessary for the protection of life, body, or property and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the Data Subject
- Cases in which the provision of Personal Information is particularly necessary for the improvement of public health or the promotion of the sound upbringing of children and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the Data Subject
- Cases in which it is necessary to cooperate with a government or public entity, or a person appointed thereby to execute the affairs prescribed by laws and regulations, and in which obtaining the consent of the Data Subject is likely to hinder the execution of said affairs
- In the event that all or part of the handling of Personal Information is entrusted to a third party within the scope necessary for the achievement of the Purpose of Use, as stipulated in Article 7.
- Cases where Personal Information is transferred relating to a business succession, due to a merger or other reasons
- In the case of conducting joint use stipulated in Article 8 by notifying the Data Subject in advance of the fact of joint use, the items of Personal Information to be shared, the scope of persons to be shared, the purpose of use by the users, and the name or title of the person responsible for the management of the Personal Information, or by making said information easily accessible by the Data Subject.
- Other cases permitted by law.
Article 7 (Entrustment)
FR Group may entrust the handling of Personal Information, in whole or in part, to a third party to the extent necessary to achieve the Purpose of Use as set forth in Article 3 hereof. FR Group shall select a person who will appropriately handle Personal Information in light of the security control measures taken by said third party. In an outsourcing contract, FR Group shall appropriately stipulate matters concerning the handling of Personal Information, such as safety management, confidentiality, and conditions for re-entrustment. FR Group shall keep track of the handling of Personal Information by the third party and shall implement necessary and appropriate supervision.
Article 8 (Joint/Shared Use)
FR Group conducts its business in an integrated manner. Therefore, FR Group may jointly use the Personal Information stipulated in Article 3 with companies belonging to FR Group within the scope necessary to achieve the stipulated Purpose of Use. In addition, companies belonging to FR Group shall be responsible for handling Personal Information in the event of such shared use, under the supervision of the Information Management Supervisor (FAST RETAILING CO., LTD.’s Chief Security Officer) of the FR Group.
Article 9 (Cross-border Transfer)
In principle, FR Group may transfer Personal Information to a foreign country with the consent of the Data Subject or within the scope necessary to achieve the Purpose of Use stipulated in Article 3, if permitted by law. When transferring Personal Information overseas, FR Group will implement protective measures stipulated in laws and regulations related to the protection of Personal Information. At the same time, FR Group will ensure a system in which foreign companies to whom Personal Information is transferred take measures in compliance with local laws and regulations, including the Japanese Act on the Protection of Personal Information. Transfer of Personal Information to third countries other than Japan and EU (excluding countries and regions that have obtained sufficiency certification) will be made by concluding a contract based on the Standard Contract Clause (Standard Contractual Clauses) stipulated by the European Commission. For more information on cross border transfer, please contact the inquiry desk as set forth in Article 11.
Article 10 (Rights of Data Subjects)
- Data Subjects have the following rights with respect to his or her Personal Information.
- Access rights
A Data Subject may request a copy of his or her own Personal Information, and may confirm whether or not Personal Information is handled by FR Group legally and appropriately in accordance with laws and regulations.
- Right to correct or delete
A Data Subject may request correction or deletion of incomplete or inaccurate data from his/her Personal Information. In this case, FR Group may confirm the authenticity of the new Personal Information provided by the Data Subject.
- Right to restrict the handling of Personal Information
A Data Subject may restrict the handling of his or her own Personal Information in any of the following cases:
- In the event a Data Subject objects to the accuracy of his or her Personal Information. In this case, the handling of such Personal Information by FR Group is limited to the period during which such accuracy can be verified.
- When FR Group handles Personal Information illegally and the Data Subject opposes deletion of Personal Information, and demands restrictions on the handling of Personal Information instead.
- When FR Group does not require handling the Personal Information in light of the Purpose of Use, but it is necessary for the Data Subject to participate in litigation; such as to raise a claim or defend against a claim.
- If Data Subject objects to the handling of Personal Information based on the legitimate interests of FR Group and the legitimate interests of the Data Subject outweigh the legitimate interests of FR Group
- The Right to be Forgotten
Data Subject may request deletion of Personal Information when Personal Information is no longer necessary in light of the Purpose of Use or when the Data Subject withdraws his or her consent. However, Personal Information may need to be retained continuously for the purpose required by law or for legitimate interests.
- Data Portability Rights
Data Subject may receive its Personal Information in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable form. In addition, if the handling of such Personal Information in FR Group is based on the consent or a contract with Data Subject and is carried out by automated means, it is possible to request that the Data Subject's Personal Information be transferred to a third party.
- Right not to receive automated processing, including profiling
Data Subject may request that it not be subject to a decision based solely on an automated process, including profiling that has legal or other significant impacts. However, this shall not apply when it is necessary to execute or perform a contract between the Data Subject and each of the FR Group Companies or when it is based on the express consent of the Data Subject.
- Right to challenge
Even if the handling of Personal Information by Data Subject is based on the legitimate interests of FR Group, depending on the circumstances of Data Subject, the Data Subject may lodge an objection to the handling method. In addition, Data Subject may at any time object to the handling of Personal Information for direct marketing purposes (including profiling to the extent related to such direct marketing).
- Right to withdraw consent
Data Subject may withdraw its consent to the handling of Personal Information at any time. This withdrawal of consent will not affect the legality of the handling of Personal Information prior to the withdrawal of consent of the Data Subject.
- Right to file a complaint with the superintendent
Data Subject may file a complaint with the Data Protection Supervisory Authority in the country that has jurisdiction over the place of residence of the Data Subject, the place of employment of the Data Subject, or the place where the violation occurred, with regard to issues related to the handling of Personal Information. FR Group wishes to have an opportunity to respond before a Data Subject contacts a regulatory body, so we hope that you will be able to contact the contact point set forth in Article 11 in advance. FR Group will respond appropriately to customer complaints in accordance with laws and regulations.
Article 11 (Contact)
For inquiries and complaints about this policy and the Service, contact the desk listed separately.
Article 12 (Use of Google Analytics)
Article 13 (California Privacy Rights)
Article 14 (Revision of this policy)
FR Group will endeavor to improve this policy in response to changes in laws and regulations, social norms, and business needs. With regard to important revisions to this Policy, we will notify customers by posting them on the FAST RETAILING Co., Ltd. website, on-line stores operated by each FR Group company, or by other methods that the FR Group deems appropriate. The revised Policy shall become effective when the FR Group notifies the Data Subject.
Effective : Jun 22, 2020
|Countries/Regions||Email address||Inquiry Form||chatbot|